Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Help Us Help Other Babies!


For the 3rd year in a row, I'll be walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies. This cause is near and dear to my heart. I walk for a number of reasons. I walk to show pride and thanksgiving for Luke - my nephew who is a NICU graduate. I also appreciate all that the March of Dimes has done to help women carry babies to term. Looking at my healthy little guy just fills my heart with gratitude. Especially in light of the fact that I have constant reminders of what the alternative can do...I am responsible for infection prevention in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Seeing those tiny babies, both during my pregnancy and now, makes me realize that we have a long way to go. If you are interested, here is a link to my fundraising website: http://marchforbabies.org/bethwallace
Josh will be joining me, and he'll be intimidating the other walkers like this:

And just because this always makes me smile:


Look at that expression of joy! Josh's second favorite pastime (second only to terrorizing Otis) is eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment